After falling off my bike four times, complete with gear grease smeared all over my legs; we escaped the Manly sun by quickly popping into the Bavarian Bier Cafe near the Manly Wharf.
First up, J and I each got the Franziskaner hefe-weissbier hell, aka 'ladies bier', and considering she had the peach one last time, she got a lychee one this time, and I got a peach. It was very refreshing, very good, didn't have the bitter strange taste that beer usually has - or I might just be getting used to the taste of beer.
For the main, I felt like eating something meaty, so got this beast of a burger: the Big Schulz Burger, which had chargrilled wagyu beef, brioche, charred bacon, cheddar, fresh farm egg, onions and bbq sauce. The burger itself was very very delicious, chips crunchy and tasty and everything was perfectly cooked. Only iffy business was the meat was a bit stringy but I dunno, as I say, high high standards for wagyu since coming back from Japan.
Service was extraordinary, atmosphere was very nice and chill.
Anyway, definitely will be back.