Dull post (no pictures sorry it was too hot and crazy), but a quick recap on today's adventures in the city of Sydney.
So as most of you know, I'm currently in the lovely lull between the HSC and starting uni. Of course part of the latter involves me actually getting into a course that I have some interest in. Friends will say that I've ben pretty damn sporadic about what I want to do in university. In early days it was straight Psychology, then for a long time it was Science (Psych)/Law, then Commerce/Law for the senior years of my high school and finally, post-HSC the goal changed to International Global Studies/Law, then Arts (Psychology)/Law and finally it's now International Global Studies/Law and I'm pretty excited about it to be honest.
Today was pretty damn hectic though, first it was an anachronistic wake up call of 7AM, a healthy migoreng breakfast (as healthy as migoreng can be really), missing the bus to Chatswood (no trains till Chatswood), train-ing it to Redfern and walking the familiar walk to USyd from there.
It's very strange, but when I walk through the walkway into USyd, it's sorta like going home. Lame but in Advanced English terms, I feel like 'I belong there'. Although the same can't be said about UNSW, the area in itself seems so local because school was in that area for 6 years after all.
Who knows though, the options are fairly open. So today consisted of a USyd morning International and Global Studies lecture, walking to Central and catching the bus the UNSW where I had the free sausage sizzle (oomph UNSW, brownie points to you on free food, all I got from USyd was a bottle of water), chatted with some some law kids, went to a law lecture; left early to run back to USyd, chatted with some USyd law kids and then went to the (pretty damn good IMO) USyd law lecture.
I mean all in all, the info days were pretty damn good. That's coming from someone who never bothered to go to the open days though, because I always thought they were semi-pointless.
They're just more useful given that you actually know your ATAR by the time you go to them. Then again, if you have no clue whatsoever what you want to do at uni, the open days wouldn't be too bad I'd imagine.
This was an unnecessarily long post.