Monday, 29 September 2014

Chill Vibes

With the beginning of this brief mid-sem reprieve from uni, I'm back slogging in retail, scrambling to fund exchange adventures and shenanigans. But at the same time, the robotic movements of unpacking stock, and repeating of the phrase "hey, how are you today" oddly provide a nice change of scenery from the typical treks into uni, of continually assessing, thinking, stressing, or (as was the case recently) going to all costs to try and avoid eye contact with the campaigners who infiltrated every main entrance and exit of USyd.

So amongst the frantic applications of makeup prior to running out to the train station to make it into work on time, I've managed to fit in good, solid hours of Scandal binge-watching (#Olitz forever, I've never felt this absurdly obsessed about anything; it's quite unsettling to be honest), breaks spent in the backroom at work reading over articles about the narcissistic tendencies of current young generations, a near-obsessive tendency to continually re-apply holographic nail polish because I spend too much time admiring the rainbow colours in lieu of remembering the sizes a customer has asked for; and times chilling out to music.

So my daily glazed over train rides into the city have been dominated by these tracks (with a couple of good ol' Chinese ones thrown in because, you know, cultural awakenings and all that)

xx